Saturday, March 3, 2012

What are these people thinking?

A few days ago, we had the most beautiful weather. We spent the entire afternoon outside playing. When it was almost time to come in, G fell down on our back patio. He hit his head and scraped it up pretty good. It looked yucky right away, so I took him in and put ice on it for a few minutes. I went ahead and emailed the caseworker about it since I knew it was going to leave a bruise and a scrape. We went on about our evening and I didn't give it a second thought. G had a visit with his dad the next day and I was sure to tell him about G's head. He was really nice about it and said "I know, he falls all the time here too". No big deal.

Well, fast forward to today. The boys had a visit with their mom today. She only gets one hour a week with the boys and she has missed the last two weeks, plus several other weeks, so at this point, she is basically a stranger to them. Her visits are supervised. The supervisor watches though a one way glass from the next room. She texted me right after the visit started and said that the mom was taking pictures of G's bruise on his head and so she had asked someone from DCS to come down and look at it also. I was so mad. How could this person be trying to get me into trouble when I am the one taking care of her son while she was the one beating him?! The way she thinks is unbelievable to me. I really can't understand how she rationalizes her actions. I fumed about it all day. Its just frustrating.

Anyway, the caseworker came down and told me not to worry, G's scrape and bruise were obviously a result of a normal fall. She also let me know that the last drug screen she did on G's dad was clean, so after two more he gets to go back to unsupervised visits. So, we will wait and see how it all comes out.

1 comment: