Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Enjoying things

We have been enjoying our new home and just each other lately.  It feels like we can finally relax since court last week.  I have been sure Alexander would stay with us, but not knowing for 100% sure has been stressful.  Now if W's case will get wrapped up, we can finally be just a family. 

Being foster parents has been a good experience, and I'm glad we did it. It has been stressful and crazy, but its what brought us to our kids.  I would do it again in a heartbeat.  But, I'm ready for this chapter of our family's life to be over.

I'm ready to be a regular family with regular parents who don't have to share their kids with anyone else.  I'm ready to be done with visitation.  I'm ready to be done cleaning the house like crazy because a caseworker is coming only to find out the caseworker has had something come up and will come another day instead.  I'm tired of trying to keep my feelings in check for my kids so I can deal with it if they need to leave our family.  I'm ready for the girls to have some stability in their life and not have to think or worry about what is going on in the foster kids' cases.  I'm ready to close this chapter and start the next one.

And-- I'm ready to share pictures of these adorable boys with the world!





No comments:

Post a Comment